If you have verified your business before through Google, you may be familiar with the postcard they send in order to verify your location for your local business. Within the past few months, Google has changed the look of the verification postcard to be an actual letter.
Once we request your local business to be verified, you will receive a letter in the mail from Google Headquarters within 30 days. We have seen the average time to receive a postcard to be as low as 7 business days.
1) Wait 3-30 days for your PIN
2) Once received, open the letter and find the 5 digit pin number and send it to us using on if the options below:
- Please send an email to email@example.com (please include your business name in the subject of the email)
- Fax: Please send a fax of the confirmation letter (including the pin) to (888) 958-0726.
- Or complete and submit the following form:
Why do I need to verify my business?
PIN Verification is required to confirm that the person claiming and verifying the listing through Google Places is actually the business owner or an authorized representative of the business.
A PIN, also known as a verification code, is sent to either the business address or the business phone. The business owner then enters the PIN into the Google Places account. Once the listing has been verified, the listing will appear on Google.
What if I did not receive the postcard in 30 days?
Please contact us as soon as possible, so we can re-issue another mailer.
* Please note that this service (Google listing verification) is only for Demand Boost Online Marketing clients.